THINKING OUTSIDE THE MAC&CHEESE BOX

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer Vacation and My New Breakfast Spot


Hey guys! Missed y'all! Well I've been working my little tooshie off trying to get all last minute projects done for 6th grade and I managed to finish school strong (can you say Honor Roll)!

I am so excited for summer! Swimming, San Francisco, and more free time!Next year, I'll be in 7th grade and officially begin Jr. High!!!! YAYY!  And one of the best parts: NO MORE UNIFORMS!!  I have been wearing school uniforms all of the years I've been in school.  So let's add something else to be excited for this Summer: Clothes Shopping!!!

 Well as my first order of business this summer, the fam and I made sure to go check out a local restaurant that has been getting a ton of buzz for their awesome food. The restaurant is called BLD (short for breakfast, lunch and dinner), and it's in South Chandler.

 Now, I love myself a good breakfast, so I just had to go in and check it out for myself. I ordered a delish biscuits and gravy that came in such a huge portion, I had to split it with my litttle bro who has a huge appetite! But even HE couldnt finish it! It was sooo scrumptious! Tall, pillowy tender biscuits covered in rich savory sausage gravy alongside eggs and a stack of bacon--makes me wish I was from the south where they eat this kind of food all the time!

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy-GINORMOUS PORTION!!

It's meant to share!

My mom loves Eggs Benedict, and she had heard raves about their SHORT RIB EGGS BENEDICT, so she had to give it a try.  It is an Eggs Benedict, but with tender delicious short rib meat instead of Canadian bacon, and it is topped off with a uber rich red wine hollandaise sauce.  She is hooked for life!!!

Short Ribs Eggs Benedict-  the Red Wine Hollandaise MAKES IT!

BLD has so much great food to offer! Their menu features tried and true traditional breakfasts and many dishes with a twist:  Hawaiian French Toast, Fried Chicken and Bacon-studded Waffles, Shrimp and Chorizo Hash --YUM!  My family and I cannot wait to try them all!  Even better, they have a drive-tru in case you're in a rush.  AND they're not only for breakfast!  We'll let you know when we try out their Lunch and Dinner.  If you're local, or visiting the Phoenix area, check out their menu and definitely get over there for a yummy breakfast, lunch or dinner!

I give this restaurant 5 stars and highly recommend it to everyone!!





2 comments:

  1. that was a huge portion! It sounds like a great restaurant, thanks for sharing your experience with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chef Dennis,

    If you're ever in the Phoenix area...you gotta try this place! Bring your appetite though :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...