"MOM!!! I want lasagne!" Usually the answer to that would be,"No. It takes too much time." Well not anymore. With these lasagne "cupcakes" there is always enough time to satisfy your hankerings for lasagne. They are a perfect serving size, only take 20 min. to bake, AND taste DEEEE-lish!!!
Serve with a big green salad and maybe some garlic bread for a hearty Italian dinner.
|Prepare the meat sauce first, let cool.|
|Time to assemble the ingredients|
|Grease the muffin tins|
|Begin assembly by placing 1 wonton wrapper in the tin|
|Next add meat sauce|
|Add a layer of shredded cheese, then repeat the layers again.|
|Then pop in the oven until golden and bubbly|
Lasagna Cupcakes, adapted from Food.com
Two cups of your favorite pasta (red) sauce
1 lb sweet italian sausage (you can also use ground turkey or hamburger meat)
24 wonton wrappers
8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated (or you can use mozzarella if you prefer)
fresh basil leaves for garnishPreheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 12 serving muffin tin with Pam
- Cook sausage, drain, add pasta sauce to pan, and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Set the sauce aside to cool abit. About 10 minutes makes it easier to work with.
- Start assembling the lasagnas. Line each cupcake mold with a wonton wrapper. Layer a spoonful of sauce/meat mixture (not too much). Top with a sprinkling of cheese. Repeat once more.
- Bake until the lasagnas are bubbly and golden about 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges and remove from pan.
- Enjoy!! Makes 12 individual lasagne (1 serving will be 1-2 "cupcakes")