Tuesday, August 31, 2010
That was FUN FOOD! If you want to try some for yourself, you can order some through the Amazon link below:
We also we met our friends at Red Robin for dinner. There, we were served what looked like a mountain of onion rings. This crispy tower tasted so delicious that I ate a BUNCH!!!!!
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Hey! This week we celebrated my kitty, Hazel's 3rd birthday. I made her a cute little photo frame that we will use to display adorable pictures. I think she really likes it.
I also just started violin lessons this week. It is fun but I'm not quite that good... YET. My mom thinks that I'll be a FABULOUS musician when I grow up. My thoughts are that it will take me a while till I become a "musician."
- Mom's Note: These Fresh Garlic Fries are a fave at our house:
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Slice 6 medium (scrubbed) russet potatoes into steak fry-shaped wedges, leaving the skin on.
- Place 2-3 cloves of finely minced garlic (or I sometimes use the jarred crushed fresh garlic) into a large microwaveable bowl, along with 2 Tbs. butter, and if you have it, 1 or two sprigs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped. Place in microwave for 20-25 seconds, to melt the butter.
- Toss potato slices into the bowl you just microwaved, and drizzle with about 1Tb. olive oil (or enough to lightly coat potatoes). Toss to coat fries evenly with the butter/olive oil/garlic.
- Dump fries onto a cookie sheet, spread into a single layer, and bake.
- Turn fries after 25-30 minutes, bake for another 25-ish minutes (check after 20, making sure they are not burning)
- Remove from oven, add salt to taste, and ENJOY!
Monday, August 9, 2010
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Easy Recipe for 2 apples:.1. Remove 3/4 of the apple core (leaving bottom in tact so the fillings stay in the apple) and all seeds, using apple corer.
2. Fill the apple with Diet D. Pepper, top with a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon, and a dab of butter..
3.stick it in the microwave for up to3 min.
Now you have a nice healthy dessert and this is also good for a yummy afternoon snack.
MOM'S NOTES: My Kids LOVED it, and it was super fast, healthy-ish and easy to make!
You can use any kind of apple. We used Granny Smith, which are firmer, so take a little longer to cook. Ours took 3 minutes in the microwave for 2 apples.
This recipe is very flexible. You can use any soda or no soda, but we found that ours made a yummy sauce after baking that can be spooned on top.
To amp up the good ingredients, you can add chopped nuts or dried fruits like raisins to your filling.
And if you want to get decadent, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
|Today I made a quick, delicious batch of fudge brownies.|
|A little measuring...|
|A bit of mixing...|
|Almost ready for the oven.|
|Baked and done before you know it!|
PS. We've tried this pan for our Snickerdoodle Blondie recipe (our first post ever), with great results, too. Definitely gets the Bella Thumbs-up!! My mom says the deal at Amazon is now better than when we got it--we paid $20.