THINKING OUTSIDE THE MAC&CHEESE BOX

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Grilled Peanut Butter & Jelly on Raisin Bread


So, how about a PB&J for dinner?  Yep, I said it.  Only this time it's grilled. A perfect winter snack. Warm and cozy just like your favorite blanket. Only this is ooey-gooey sweet and buttery. Slam on some raisin bread and your hip, set and ready to eat!

Mom's Note:  Busy school nights call for quick go-to's like this.  I had never had one until a couple of years ago, and boy was I missing out!  It's just as it sounds, make a PB&J, spread butter on the outer sides of the sandwich, and brown both sides of the sandwich in a pan (or in a panini maker) until the bread is golden and the insides are warm and gooey.  I like to make it with raisin bread, but you can use wheat or white, and substitute bananas, preserves or honey for the jelly.  This is the ultimate kids' comfort food--just add a glass of milk!

1 comment:

  1. When I was your age I ate Peanut Butter and jelly on raisin bread almost every day!! Never grilled it though... what a great idea! Nicely done, Bella!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...